Place a live twitter feed into your publication. Twitter feeds are a fantastic way to engage your readers through the use of social media.
Load from Twitter Code – This is an automatic way to generate your Twitter Widget (otherwise you will need to fill out the fields manually).
- Go to https://twitter.com/settings/widgets and login to your account
- Click on the Widgets tab in the left hand column
- If you are adding a new Widget select ‘Create New’ If you are getting a code for a Widget already made select ‘edit’ and copy the code down the bottom of the page
- If you are creating a new Widget, enter the details required and click‘Create Widget’
- The code will now appear down the bottom of the page
Alternatively, you can manually add each detail into the properties field.
- Type of Twitter Widget –
- ‘Profile’: Display your most recent Twitter updates on any webpage.
- ‘Search’: Displays search results in real time. Ideal for live events, broadcastings, conferences, TV Shows, or even just keeping up with the news.
- ‘Faves’: Show off your favourite tweets in real time. This widget will pull in the tweets you have starred as favourites.
- ‘List’: Put your favourite twitter people into a list. This will then show in a widget.
- Twitter User Name – Please enter the owner of the twitter feeds username.
- Search Term (For Search feeds only) – Enter in the name of the Search Term.
- Title – Enter in the title of the Widget (E.g. Realview Digital).
- Subject – Enter in the caption for the Widget (E.g. Online Publishing).
- Twitter List Name – (For List only) Enter in List Name for feed of your twitter lists.
- Poll For New Results? –
- ‘True’: This will automatically update the feed to show new posts.
- ‘False’: This will only show the posts available at the time of creating the Twitter Feed within the interactivity page.
- Include Scrollbar? –
- ‘True’: This will allow users to scroll back to previous tweets.
- ‘False’: This will allow users to only view recent tweets.
- Behaviour – Timed intervals or load all tweets? For timed intervals type into this field ‘timed’. To load all tweets type into this field ‘all’.
- Number of Tweets – This field represents the number of tweets that will appear at once in the Twitter Feed Widget.
- Loop Results? –
- ‘True’: If there are no new tweets, the old tweets will recirculate until there are new tweets.
- ‘False’: When there are no new tweets, the feed will stay on the last tweet until there are new ones.
- Tweet Interval – Intervals are in seconds and will be how long this takes until the next tweet arrives.
- Shell Background – Place in the hex code colour you would like the border background to be. Shell Text – Place in the hex code colour that you would like the border text to be.
- Tweet Background – Place in the hex code colour that you would like the tweet background to be.
- Tweet Text – Place in the hex code colour that you would like the tweet text to be.
- Inks – Place in the hex code colour of what you would like the tweet links to be.
- Width and Height – This is measured by the percentage of the page size (The page is 100% and if you would like this to cover a third, you would type in 33.3%).
- AutoWidth –
- ‘True’: This will enable autowidth. However, you will still need to enter the height manually.
- 'False’: You will need to enter both the Width and Height fields for the twitter feed box.
Note: Do not include the # when entering the hex code.